As the corona virus is regaining territory, we need to increase our resistance and protect ourselves against the virus as much as possible. Days are also getting shorter and colder as winter time arrives, and our body is more susceptible to illnesses. Thanks to the following advice, you can give the defense mechanism of your body a boost to ensure that diseases and viruses no longer have free reign! 💪
Did you know that our intestinal flora is 80% responsible for the health of our immune system? The bacteria in our intestines react to unhealthy substances that enter our body and alert the defense mechanism. Probiotic foods such as yogurt or sauerkraut are perfect for maintaining a healthy intestinal flora. They ensure that the healthy intestinal bacteria can grow properly. Taking probiotics through a dietary supplement can also help to keep your intestinal flora healthy.
Our body needs enough moisture to detect and remove pathogens, and for the transport of healthy substances through the body. Drinking enough water keeps your immune system strong! It is therefore important to drink that 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day. Avoid soft drinks and alcohol. Drink herbal tea or (homemade) broth instead. Drinking enough water also prevents your mucous membranes from drying out. Dehydrated mucous membranes are more susceptible to colds and flu viruses.
3. INCREASE YOUR RESISTANCE BY EATING HEALTHILY 🍽️
It is also possible to increase your resistance by eating the right nutrition. We all know that a varied diet is necessary for a good health. A balanced diet ensures that you get enough of all the essential nutrients. The following food can help to keep your resistance up:
- FIBRES As already mentioned, a part of our immune system can be found in our intestins. A diet that contains a sufficient amount of fibers helps to keep your intestinal flora healthy. Always opt for wholemeal products, vegetables and fruit. - VITAMIN D The vitamin that you get from daylight, but fortunately also from food. Vitamin D can be found in oranges, fatty fish, dairy products, etc.
- NUTS Nuts contain the mineral selenium, an antioxidant that helps to strengthen your immune system. It is therefore recommended to eat enough almonds, walnuts, etc.
- VITAMIN C This vitamin is indispensable for the immune system and can be found in bell pepper, broccoli, kiwi, chicory, orange, etc.
> Vitamin C supplements - PROTEINS Your body cannot function without proteins. It needs proteins to, among other things, produce antibodies and enzymes for the immune system. Eat enough beans, fish, chicken and eggs to get your proteins in!
- GARLIC Allicin in garlic helps you to prevents colds.
- VITAMIN A Not only important for your immune system, but also for your skin! Vitamin A can be found in meat, fish, dairy products, egg, carrots, pointed cabbage, cauliflower, etc.
4. GET A GOOD NIGHT'S REST 💤
Our immune system comes into action while we sleep. The body can fully focus on recovery without having to deal with 101 other tasks. A sufficiently long and quality sleep is therefore extremely important in maintaining a high resistance. Stress and fatigue are the two major culprits that cause your immune system to crumble. Are you having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Try adding a dietary supplement to help you.
As we have learned in recent months, it is very important to wash and disinfect our hands regularly. Hygiene is a collective term for all actions that ensure that you come into contact with pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses (including the coronavirus), as little as possible. Washing your hands regularly will help to keep your hands clean and remove pathogens. Water and soap is the most effective way to clean your hands. As it is not always possible to wash your hands, for example in public places, it is important to always have a hand gel with you to disinfect your hands.
Deze voedingssupplementen kunnen ervoor zorgen dat je immuunsysteem versterkt wordt en je beter beschermd bent tegen allerlei ziektes. Een gezonde levensstijl is noodzakelijk voor een goede weerstand maar je kunt je lichaam atlijd een handje helpen! De beste voedingssupplementen voor een goede weerstand zijn:
Are you not getting enough nutrients through your diet or do you want to give your resistance an extra boost? Try adding a dietary supplement to your daily diet. These dietary supplements can help reinforce your immune system and protect you against all kinds of diseases. A healthy lifestyle is necessary for a good resistance, but you can help your body by taking a dietary supplement! Discover the best dietary supplements for a strong immune system below: